The One Day Way is a great book for those looking to live a healthier and more fit life or a great read for someone already on their way to being fit and healthy.
Chantel includes wonderful examples and personal success stories that really speak to the principles outlined in her book. I love that it speaks to those who look at losing weight as a complete overhaul that has to happen overnight. She encourages people to change one thing today such as switching a soft drink for water at lunch or meeting a friend at a park to walk instead of somewhere to sit and eat.
Focus on faith, food, and fitness and follow the commandments laid out for food and fitness and I think anyone will find themselves becoming a more fit and healthy individual!
My favorite quote from the book is: "You're the only one who can define the goals that will deliver the life you want."
Also "The Ten Commandments of the One-Day Way to Get Fit For Life
- A great attitude isn't enough.
- Believe that you were made to move.
- Break a sweat every day.
- Five days of cardio every week is nonnegotiable.
- Intensity is important.
- Something is better than nothing.
- Results are a measure of personal progress.
- Strength training three times a week is essential.
- Recovery is required.
- Figure out how to love exercise."
I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.